Edited content version 24
Results of open hackdays, archived as open data
Collected results of Opendata.ch Hackdays and community sprints.
The Data Package is currently maintained by hand, with data exported using dribdat APIs.
We should create a GitHub Action to fetch and update the CSV files automatically - from all the open data instances that apply the HCoC and CC license. Separate files with a unified schema - or single file with a source server column as in the 2020 export?
All contents licensed CC BY 4.0 International
There was much interest about this challenge at our first meeting. Follow-up ideas include:
- Putting more attention to the idea at Opendata.ch / OKFN
- Making sure the aggregation works smoothly and automatically
- Talking to Opendata.swiss & BAR about preservation on an official platform
- Investigate adding aggregation from third party (non-dribdat) platforms
- Ask some probing data question, like which topics/challenges are more/less sustained
- The pre-selection of results can influence archival interest, e.g. prize-winners, deployed apps..
- Some hackathons purposely try to recycle challenges from other events
- Some organizations really know how to utilize hackathons and will surface often
- Hackathons and open data go hand-in-hand!
Question: does it also help to connect with project owners by finding their github profile? (besides the media coverage of winners..)